Children are encouraged to create seasonal artwork based on the themes listed below. Any family that sends us an email by the end of each month with a picture of your child’s artwork in your window gets their name in the next newsletter and/or on the HPNA website.
Email submissions to email@example.com
In lieu of the city sponsored Ice Cream Social which has been canceled due to COVID-19, HPNA is launching the September Ice Cream theme. The first 50 entries that we receive will also receive a cold treat from HPNA! When you email us, please provide the name of your child as you would like it to appear in HPNA media.
- September: Ice Cream ( due September 30 )
- October: Fall Festival – apples for Apple Hill season or fall eaves, pumpkins, etc ( due October 31 )
- November: Turkeys ( due November 30 )
- December: Snowflakes ( due December 31 )
Saturday, October 3
After last year’s success and the general enjoyment of all, the Hollywood Park Neighborhood Mega Garage Sale set for Saturday, October 3rd. So reevaluate your closets.
Ask that bike ”When WAS the last time you left the garage?” Set some of those throw pillows free. The event will be posted on Nextdoor and Facebook. Signs will be posted, but any and all who want to participate can add their own direction signs. If you would like your house listed, please send an email titled Garage Sale to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response when the address is added.
Please remember with the changes in how all our communities are handling day-to-day living, we will all need to practice safe and healthy guidelines for ourselves and our neighbors.
[This event is not sponsored by any organization. It is all volunteer.]
Garage Sale Map
Wednesday, September 16 | 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
The next Community Meeting (formerly known as General Meeting) will be held on Zoom.
To join the meeting, click here
Zoom Meeting ID: 813 6100 5278 – Passcode: 333743
To join via phone dial: 1-669-900-9128 and use the meeting ID and passcode.
- Welcome and introductions
- Neighborhood events update – (Ice cream window image contest and how to win!)
- Proposed meeting name change – At the last General Meeting, the Board heard residents express interest in more community building from HPNA. Time is scheduled to allow discussion (and possibly a vote) on changing the name “General Meeting” to “Community Meeting” to better reflect the intent of the meetings and potentially increase participation.
- Halloween activities in the neighborhood – Decorating contest and how to win wealth and fame, suggested/planned Trick-or-Treating possibilities
- City of Sacramento Police Department – Visiting officer will answer resident concerns brought forth by neighbors about health and safety in Hollywood Park and Carleton Tract and ways to better coordinate with the police department. There will be some time for concerns and questions.
- City of Sacramento Code Enforcement – An officer will address resident questions and concerns and provide information on city resources. Time is scheduled for additional questions/concerns.
- Update on Mega Yard Sale – Learn how your household can participate.
- Sacramento Tree Foundation Communitree Day – Free trees are coming to Hollywood Park. Find out how you can help on October 24.
- Final Open Business/Comments/Adjournment
Saturday, September 12
Tuesday, August 4
Check back for more information.
Sunday, July 19
This event has been cancelled by the organizer.
Wednesday, June 17 | 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Join your neighbors and the HPNA Board for a virtual General Meeting to discuss projects and initiatives that impact our community.
To join the meeting, click here
Zoom Meeting ID: 362 713 5108
To join via phone dial: 1-669-900-9128
- Raley’s Representative to talk about new store and take questions from audience.
- Presentation of the New HPNA Website! Our volunteer web-developer will be on hand to take questions.
- Tell us what you think? We will be asking you how you want to hear from HPNA, and what you want HPNA to do for you…so join us at the meeting and tell us!
- And finally, we want those who are interested to share how life in Hollywood Park and Carlton Tract is going lately.